* FAQ    * Search * Login   * Register

Welcome to the [fP]Forums \o/

It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 12:58 am
View unanswered posts | View active topics
Delete all board cookies | The team

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: I got kicked bcs i was following SERVER RULES
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:19 pm 

Well today i joined my favourite server, i was playing on it few yrs ago and now when i came back i
still love it bcs of simple, good rules, nice FP members and good map setup. Admin work was alaways best here.
Today on Oasis i was soldier with MG, i was @ spawn for 10 sec, then leaving it because i didnt want allies to SK (well they can do it when im there but not when i leave after 10 secs).

AND HERE IT COMES:
Player 1: "Ur provoking ally"
Me: "no im here 10 sec then i leave they cant SK further"
Player1: "well, no1 cares about that rule so they will SK even if ur not there"
Me: "well i follow rules, let admin make em do it too"
AND NOW MY HERO: (his name was binary or something with e i dont remember )
Admin: it was something like : "My game here sux when i have to spec and kick ppl that doesnt follow rules"
Me: "im following it, let me play my game"
Admin "but bcs of u , they SK us"
Me: "Then kick them, they break Your rules"
Admin "I can kick You (2 secs) or go specc and waste my time to c that they are doing, what do u think what will i choose"
Me: "Dont kick me i just play with ur rules, if ucant handle ur own code, change it"
Admin: "I wont tell clan to do it i'd rather kick You for disturbing"
KICK

I know ur FatalPunishers but what kind of attitude is it? I always talked about this serv as best serv with mature admins, i c something happened past last few years, and its not good.
I mean ---- What the hell is this?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: I got kicked bcs i was following SERVER RULES
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:35 pm 

So there's no need for your improvised discussion here's the log:

bnrab: i wont be here long lol
K3L3VR4: if you shoot from spawn sk is allowed
bnrab: I KNOW IDIOT THATS WHY I SIT HERE FOR 10 seconds

d!ngo: why so you just get allies to spawnkill then you move?
d!ngo: fecking it up for your team?
bnrab: they can sk WHEN im there
d!ngo: people abuse that shit and you damn well know it

bnrab: well let them go spec and learn
d!ngo: they don't GO to spec, ADMINS PUT THEM TO SPEC
d!ngo: which fecks up the game for admins
d!ngo: think about it

bnrab: thats what admin's for
d!ngo: yea we're also here to remove disturbing factors
d!ngo: guess who's first on the list today

bnrab: i follow rules and thats why u do want to kick me
bnrab: bcs u cant get ppl to follow it

d!ngo: it's not that i don't want to kick you, it's that you're getting close to that
d!ngo: keep it up and you won't last long, is all i'm saying

bnrab: if ur kicking ppl for following rules - do it.
d!ngo: you just don't get it do you?

d!ngo: regulars should help admins - so that admins have LESS work and can also enjoy the game
d!ngo: you are doing the opposite

d!ngo: now think about that
bnrab: lo lwhat am i doing wrong
d!ngo: provoking allies to spawnkill, that's what ffs
bnrab: then REMOVE rules that SK is allowed then heavy wepon is it

d!ngo: yea ok let's see, i can kick you (takes me 2 secs), or i could ask for the clan to change rules (which would take a long time and possibly not even happen)

bnrab: ye and ur kicking me bcs i follow rules, which makes ur game annoying when allies are not following it

Ok so now, take your time and slowly go through what i wrote and try to understand it. We admins have usually up to 34 people to babysit, half of them doing bullshit. Being an admin is a responsibility and it's not our JOB - we don't get payed for it, we are the ones actually paying for the server, on which you play. On top of paying for the server we have to admin it on a daily basis - with same people doing the same bullshit every day.

What we expect from regulars (like yourself), is to make that easier on us, not harder. You make it harder and actually defend that position of doing what you did. When doing so, and (like today) arguing with an admin - you feck up that admins GAME - keep in mind we're also people, we're also players and are there TO PLAY THE GAME (FIRST AND FOREMOST), secondly we're there to admin - out of our good will to keep the server as fun and as playable for EVERYONE.

As you well know - being in spawn with a heavy weapon, allows the enemy to spawnkill. It doesn't matter whether you're in the spawn for 10 secs or for the whole map. Allies who sees you and actually KNOWS the rule, will spawnkill and probably encourage OTHER teammates to do the same. You're long gone (your 10 seconds is up), but allies are still spawnkilling - fecking it up for the whole team (axis in this case) and fecking it up for the admins who have to warn and explain the RULES to those braking it.

Now i've explained it as much as i could, both ingame and here now. If you still don't understand the position in which you put the admin with your pissing about, then well all i can say is turn 180 degrees and go away.

P.S

OH AND BTW THIS SERVER AND THE CLAN IS STILL THE BEST SERVER AND THE CLAN OUT THERE. FIND ME ONE SERVER WHERE AN ADMIN WILL BE PREPARED TO EXPLAIN AND ACTUALLY ARGUE WITH A PLAYER FOR SO LONG. EVERYWHERE ELSE YOU'D BE SIMPLY IGNORED, MUTED AND/OR KICKED.

So cut the crap about anything changing the fact that [fP] is the greatest fun clan in the ETpro scene and that DC2 is the greates public ETpro SERVER out there...

Regards

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:33 pm 
Par 3 Chump

I joined..

I played..

I seen..

I stayed out of it..

over a year without playing ET my admin duties need some wd40 before i stick my ore in :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:37 pm 

Wouldnt it be simpler to make a rule "no heavy weapon @ ur own spawn" then "sk allowed when heavy weapon @ spawn"? U wouldnt have to check it, just specc/kick sm1 who spawnkills or sm1 who is @ spawn with heavy weapon. Much simpler and ppl would follow it i think.
The post u wrote up there just tells me i was kicked bcs i didnt help you beeing admin. Well im not admin, and im not obligated to do so.
If there isnt any rule that i cant sit @ spawn with my heavy weapon even for whole game, why would You kick me bcs of that.
Make taht rule or stop complaining about ppl staying with MG @ spawn or something. Stop kicking ppl for that. Thats all.

PS. Ur attitude here @ forum is different then it was in game.
U were just impolite in my opinion, if u would talk ordinary way i'd not get pisseed and probably will play w/o any chatting with u.

PS 2. U dont have to Yell @ Any forum.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:52 pm 

No it wouldn't be simpler, because it would involve the clan's leadership - i.e many people agreeing and changing the rules. So it's a lot simpler to 1. ask someone to not make it worse on HIS team, 2. to explain why that behaviour is making it worse on your team, 3. explaining why your behaviour is making it worse for admins to perform their part... but when all of those are done and you still argue, then it sure is a lot simpler to either mute you or just kick you off.

After you were gone, there was no spawnkilling, no arguing, everyone was playing their game (including me).

Yes you're not an admin, you're a regular though and the only thing you are obliged to do on the server is to act like a GUEST, not like some customer. Meaning that if an admin asks you to do something, just do it simple as that. That admin knows why he's asking you to do something or not, so go with it and do it. Specially after a thorough explanation why you should do it. And yes you're obliged to listen to what an admin has to say and follow his instruction. That's how it goes, this isn't a democracy. This is OUR server and you're a GUEST on it.

Sure, our rules are not perfect, that's why admins intervene even though something is not necessarily set in stone in the rules...

How i act towards you on the server and/or forum is totally up to you, if you make sense i'll listen. If you keep on arguing even though i explained what was wrong - not that i have to do that in the first place, i will definitely react. By either muting you or removing you from server and by doing so, finishing the argument there and then. I don't give a rats ass if you were or are pissed at any given time - not my concern, i'm not there to pamper you or anyone else for that matter.

P.S.

I used CapsLock to EMPHASIZE, not to YELL.

What ever gets the msg across.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:37 pm 

(|:)

Attachments:
dont_mess_with_texas1.jpg
dont_mess_with_texas1.jpg [ 41.08 KiB | Viewed 10378 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:46 pm 

it seems that even if something does not make sense, sometimes must remain like it is.
Ur admin = ur smarter and ur right.
Im guest = im loosing here.

After all it seems UR RIGHT and IM WRONG.
so im very very sorry.

Profile E-mail