[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[fP]Forum • View topic - Time bonus
Home IRC Forums About us Members Wars Downloads Links Shop Stats
* FAQ    * Search * Login   * Register

Welcome to the [fP]Forums \o/

It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 10:09 am
View unanswered posts | View active topics
Delete all board cookies | The team

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Time bonus
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:46 pm 

Hi!

Is there any chance to use time bonus scripts on your server. They use these scripts on Hirntot and i think they work fine. For example when teams are very unbalanced maps end more quicly --> whole campaign ends more quickly. These scripts are very useful on Fueldump, Railgun and why not on Oasis too. Here is copy/paste from Hirntot forums and i hope this makes more clear what i'm talking about:

"Mapscript Mods: Time bonus & other
Idea if time bonus: If the attacker team is to weak to reach the map goals there is no reason to play the map full time they anyway don't win even if they would have full time to do it! The time bonus setup might not be perfect but it goes for sure in the right direction. Some might say: "We did gold rush in the last 2 minutes yeah!" True but that happens 1 time of 100 times the other 99 times they just don't do it. Sure they would get more xp... but even the defender would get more xp and is next map only stronger..."

Siwa Oasis & SW Siwa Oasis B3: 19 Feb 2009
===========
+ Initial time: 12 min
+ Maximal time: 25 min
+ Timeboni:
- Allies destroy Old City Wall: +13 min
----------------------

Gold Rush: 31 Aug 2009
===============
+ Timeboni:
- Tank stolen: +8 min
- Tank passed barrier 2: +5 min

Wuerzburg Radar: 19 Feb 2009
===========
+ Maximal time: 20 min
+ Timeboni:
- Main Door breached: +3 min
- Side Entrance breached: +3 min
- #1 Radar Part secured: +2 min
===============

Fuel Dump: 19 Feb 2009
==============
+ Timeboni:
- Destruction of Tunnel Door: +5 min
- Destruction of Depot Gate: +5 min
- Destruction of Depot Side Wall: +3 min

Railgun: 31 Aug 2009
===============
+ Maximal time: 22 min
+ Timeboni:
- Reaching the Depot Yard: +10 min

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Time bonus
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:27 pm 

Yep i've seen that, i think we all have. Sometimes when the teams are really unbalanced (mostly this happens on Fueldump) it gets really really frustratingly boring, because everyone knows at certain time that the map will go on for another 20 mins with no progress. In those situations that script would come very handy.

Worth a thought. (Y)

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 4:20 pm 

I'd be up for this idea (Y)

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can’t be done.

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 4:44 pm 
Par 3 Chump

or you could pay me to lag out the team that are winning :P

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 2:07 pm 

This timebonus thing can be annoying to, for example on goldrush when allie engies have to repair tank in 5 or 10 minutes, and when they dont --->next map, so imo keep it the way it is and if you want timebones thingy go play Hirntot..The Tooth :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 1:38 pm 

this time bonus mod sounds very time consuming, but not ssaying it might be a good idea
but still time consuming for a select few people :))

v55 v55 v55 v55 v55

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 3:14 pm 

i would love that too \o

(have no idea how much work it is for the staff though :/)

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 7:23 pm 

Not really that much imo >.<

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 7:35 pm 

there would be a fair amount of work for the people that have too upload the mods and test them
make sure there working then there is the general use of them aswell

its more time consuming than u think :((

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 10:59 pm 

Well i have in the past set up an etpro server for 28 people, with transfering a shitload of data from the old server, updating mods, putting everything together and testing it... with only 1 friend who was even more noobish at this then i was. And we were both new to this, yes it has taken us more than a day to do it all because we actually had to learn it still, so it was more or less trial and error.

But for someone with the knowledge and experience... it shouldn't take too long.

Far from underestimating anyones time and work, just saying i know what it takes to pull this off.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 11:44 pm 

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 6:41 am 
Par 3 Chump

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 10:12 am 

ha ha i wonder why raz lol probably cause ur just steal his wallet and run

knowing that ur probably get away ^^:) ;->

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 10:22 am 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:57 am 

Let's raise up this topic... Spent some time on Hirntot again and that time-bonus system really works well. Unbalanced teams --> campaign ends more quicly, balanced teams --> campaign lasts longer. Any chance to try these on fp-server? :D

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:06 am 
i helped the server upgrade fund and all i got was this lousy rank :P

if any map needs this it's fuel dump.

the server loses too many people when allies realise for the next 25 minutes they will only walk into arty, airstrikes, mortar, sniper fire, smg - even before they reach the frozen river. hopefully something like this will keep them on...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:15 am 

+1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:09 pm 

+1

I often don't have time for a full 8 or 10 map rotation so this'll help get through maps much of the time especially when things aren't going well thanks to Moi on the team :+

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can’t be done.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:40 pm 

As we see today once again, these time bonus systems are really useful. Unbalanced teams and boring map after another and campaign lasts forever. :(

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:30 pm 

+1

Profile E-mail